Sunday, September 27, 2009

Week Eleven: Mile High Club



She was sitting next to me gazing into my eyes. I leaned over, caressed her hair, and promptly stood up. She followed behind me rubbing my leg as I made my way down to the bathroom. I told her she had to be as quiet as possible.

She, was a stray pit bull that had been following me for the past few blocks and I, just finishing my run, was walking to a park bathroom to wash my hands. As far as flying, the last time I was on a plane I sat next to an obese woman with a knack for clearing her throat like a miner with black lung while continually sucking on lemon drops, neither of which led to any flying forays. On the ground however, I did manage to increase my mileage to a best ever 16.

The run took about 2 hours and 45 min, and left me feeling sore enough that I was "forced to watch" So You Think You can Dance from my couch. My legs are taking a beating on the concrete and I think I'm starting to feel signs of wear. I am due for a new pair of running shoes soon, which might help with the cushioning. Next week I am off to Philadelphia for my first race, a half marathon. It will be interesting running in an event where I don't have to find a vendor to provide water for my soggy cash. Until then, the sky's the limit.



No comments:

Post a Comment